You are here
The Resident District Commissioner Apac set 8 guidelines for PDM implementation at the District
Since the launch of PDM funds disbursement on 30th June, 2023 Officiated over by the Minister of Gender Labour & Social Development, Hon. Betty Amongi, Apac was the only District in Lango Sub Region with the highest number of PDM beneficiaries out of the 9 Districts of Apac, Kwania, Kole, Oyam. Dokolo, Lira, Amolatar, Alebtong and Otuke.
During the launch, RDC Mr. George Abudul the programme is targeting 10,290 Households in the whole District. Shs3.7 billion had already been disbursed to the 34 SACCOs in the District.
In the region of 3 weeks, issues started arising from the Grass root which prompted Abudul to halt all activities of PDM on 17th July, 2023 siting irregularities that was surrounding the programme and organized meetings at the County Headquarters. The meetings were held on Thursday 27th/7/2023 at Maruzi County Headquarters and Friday 28th/7/2023 at Maruzi North County Headquarter which was attended by the District leadership, PDM Regional Coordinators, District Councilors, SACCO leaders, NRM Chairpersons, Sub County Chairpersons and PDCs.
In the two meetings, people agreed on the way forward as below;
1. SACCO leaders to return the money collected from beneficiaries.
2. LC II who might have benefited from PDM asked to return the money as guidelines exclude them as beneficiaries.
3. No more collection of money at any stage as per the directives in the new guidelines.
4. No more deduction of money from PDM beneficiaries by SACCO leaders saying they cannot return 1m.
5. Opening accounts for beneficiaries to be at Parish level not at the Bank.
6. Parish Chiefs & Town Agents are the only people supposed to profile Households.
7. Beneficiaries to receive not less than or more than 1m.
8. Revising the beneficiaries by SACCO leaders to check if they are not in EMYOOGA, YLP & UWEP and also if they followed the distribution in the guidelines.
Abudul cautioned all leaders to go by this new guidelines and whoever go against will risk being punished for it.